Today’s instalment of our online advent calendar is courtesy of Wita of Design is Yay—a creative blog for paper lovers and the young at heart. We couldn’t agree with her more—design is ‘yay’! And she’s sharing the design love with all of us in this post.
These cute Santa matchbox favours are perfect for a Christmas party take-home treat. You might even like to use them as a cute Christmas gift for your work colleagues, or have a craft session with your kids so they can hand them out to their school friends.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Scissors | x-acto knife | Printer | Medium thick card stock (approx 200 gsm) | Double-sided tape | sweets or little gifts
WHAT TO DO
- Download and print the PDF file using Adobe Reader
- Cut all the templates according to their shapes
- Make the matchbox cover by scoring all the fold lines, fold and stick where it says ‘glue here’ to the other side of the rectangle
- Make the matchbox insert according to the instructions on the sheet
- Fold and stick the Santa hat on one of the shorter sides of the matchbox insert.
- Fill the box with sweets or little gifts
- Insert the box into the cover.
Spread the Christmas cheer!