If there’s one thing we love here at HOORAY!, it’s a good cocktail – and this one’s a total winner!
Combining watermelon with zesty lime, citrusy blood orange and a kick of rum for good measure, this Watermelon Daiquiri simply sings ‘Summer’!
And how cute are our ‘Bottoms Up’ acrylic drink stirrers and drink tags? They’re crafted by the best in the biz, Sketch and Etch Creative who are always dreaming up fun ways to personalise events with acrylic decor.
Take a peek at the recipe and all the images snapped by Bel Combridge Photography below!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
– 4 cups frozen seedless watermelon cubes (slightly mounded)
– 1/2 cup light rum
– 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
– 1/4 cup blood orange juice
– 2 tablespoons sweetener (to make: combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat and allow to cool).
WHAT TO DO
1. Mix frozen watermelon cubes, rum, lime juice, orange juice and sweetener syrup in a blender until smooth.
2. Blend in additional sweetener syrup to taste.
3. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve immediately.
Adorn your glass with a cute drink tag and paper straw. Then, kick back and enjoy your cocktail!