Have you seen ‘It’s Party Time‘, our fashion editorial in HOORAY! Issue 8? If the answer is yes, then you might remember seeing a pair of colourful floral cat ears in the shoot too. Well, what you wouldn’t know is that those cat ears aren’t available for purchase. They were actually made by the talented Dom from the blog Crafted, and she has ever-so-graciously given us her tutorial to share with you today. Yay! If the answer is no, then you can check it out by grabbing a copy of HOORAY! Issue 8 from our online shop. In fact, you can purchase all back copies of HOORAY! from our online shop! Once you’re done purchasing the mag, come back and see how to make these super fun cat ears below.
20 minutes + drying time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Stiff felt (A strong cardboard would do) | Small decorative flowers. These are available from discount stores and craft stores | Hot glue gun + glue | Scissors | A pencil | Template (see below) | Hair clips
WHAT TO DO
- Download and print the template below, then cut out the ear shapes.
- Copy the template onto your stiff felt and cut out both ear shapes.
- Cut the stems off the flowers.
- Use your hot glue gun to stick the flowers onto the ears. You can use regular craft glue but the advantage of a hot glue gun is that it dries really fast and holds well.
- Glue your hair clips to the back of the ears. Hold them in place for a minute or so to let the glue dry.
You’re finished! Stick them in your hair and have fun!