How to Get Your Home Ready for Your Wedding Day
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 | By Becky Shephard
Every soon-to-be-hitched couple wants to enjoy their wedding day from beginning to end – from the moment you wake up, through to the final, wild moments breaking it down on the dancefloor.
Yet, in the whirlwind of preparing for a wedding day, it’s totally easy to forget about prepping your home for a stress-free morning. After all, who wants to think about cleaning or laundry, when there’s a wedding to organise?
To feel both calm and prepared on your big day, check out these tips on how to get your home ready for your wedding.
Create a Clean, Uncluttered Home
With so many people coming and going in your home on the morning of your wedding day, you will want to create a clean, uncluttered space.
What’s more, it will create a less chaotic home, so you can focus on getting ready for your wedding, instead of feeling cramped and disorganised.
A few days before the wedding, you should:
– Clean the carpets (..dirty carpets and a white dress make for a bad combination!) Contact experts to help you such as those at mytechnicare.com
– Throw away unwanted items
– Dust surfaces
– Scrub your kitchen and bathroom
– Plump up your pillows and cushions
It will help you to create a fresh, spacious environment, which will make you feel organised on your big day and can create a perfect backdrop for your pre-wedding shots.
Create a Calming Environment
Cleanliness might be at the top of your list for your wedding day, but you also shouldn’t overlook the importance of creating a calming environment.
Stress can quickly take control on the day, which is why you should aim to transform rooms across your home into a tranquil space.
Thankfully, there are many ways you can create a relaxed environment for both you and your guests. You could:
– Burn a luxe, scented candle
– Stock up on calming teas (such as chamomile, peppermint and lemon balm)
– Hang up your gown
– Layout your accessories
– Treat yourself to luxurious, comfortable pyjamas
– Pull back the drapes to welcome natural light
– Play calming, positive tunes
– Choose a helpful, calming inner circle to help you (avoid negative Nancys or stress-heads!)
These tips can provide you with mental clarity throughout the morning and can prevent you from turning from a Bride or Groom-chilla to a Bride or Groom-zilla. You’ll be able to prepare for your big day with ease, so you can enjoy the day feeling both relaxed and confident.