Today we’ve gore a super special recipe by Anna Polyviou, Executive Pastry Chef of Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney.
This delicious cheesecake push pop recipe is truly next-level! Try it out for yourself – we can’t wait to hear what you think!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Biscuit Base 300g blitzed digestive biscuits (200g for base, 100g of crumbs for push pop) | 60 g unsalted butter, melted | ½ vanilla pod scraped, (Heilala vanilla is recommended)
Cream Cheese Mix 500gm cream cheese at room temperature | 150g caster sugar | 2 Whole eggs (free range) | 10ml vanilla paste (Heilala vanilla is recommended) | 50g white chocolate, melted (Callebaut chocolate is recommended)
Strawberry Jelly 200ml strawberry puree | 50gm caster sugar | 50ml Water | 10gm gelatine sheets (softened)
Berries & Fairy Floss 1 punnet strawberries, cut in quarters removing the stalk | 1 punnet raspberries, cut in half 50gm | Pashmak fairy floss, rose flavour
WHAT TO DO
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- Place the butter and vanilla pod into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and mix into the biscuit crumbs. Remove the vanilla pod
- Spray cake ring with baking spray, spread biscuit base evenly and flatten
- Using a paddle attachment in your mixer or Kitchen Aid; beat the cream cheese until smooth and add in the caster sugar. Slowly add the eggs and then the melted chocolate with the vanilla paste
- Pour the mixture into a 20cm cake ring and bake for 30 minutes in the oven. Once cooked, turn the heat up to 250c for a few minutes to gain colour. Allow to cool
- Cut half of the cheesecake once cooled, remove the biscuit base and beat the cheesecake until smooth. You will then have just the cheesecake mixture for piping into the push pop
- The make the jelly Bring the water and caster sugar to the boil, add in the dissolved soften gelatine sheets and strawberry puree. Strain and allow to cool so the jelly will set
- To assemble the push pops . Place 10ml of jelly in each push pop tube, place in fridge and allow to set
- Pipe in 30gm of baked cheesecake then 10ml of jelly again place in fridge and allow to set
- Then add 1 teaspoon biscuit crumbs, followed by 1 tablespoon of mixed berries
- Divide the fairy floss amongst the 12 tubes
Makes 12 push pops