Cooking > Dessert
VANELJA’S STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE
Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 | By [email protected]
We’ve got a secret…you really can have your cake and eat it too.
This Strawberry Dream Cake recipe from best-selling author and recipe designer, Virpi Mikkonen, combines your favourite plant-based ingredients to make a delicious vegan treat.
Top it with some bright edible florals and mixed berries to make this pink treat even prettier!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Cake tin: approx. 23 x 23 cm / 9 x 9 inches
– 1 cup almonds
– 1/2 cup pecan nuts
– 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
– 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 1 tbsp almond butter
– 1 drop of liquid stevia (or 2 tbsp organic honey or maple syrup)
– Pinch of sea salt
– 3 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked for 1-5 hours, then rinsed
– 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen & thawed)
– 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
– 3 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 drops of liquid stevia (or 4 tbsp organic honey or maple syrup)
– 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
WHAT TO DO
1. Cover the cake tin with baking paper
2. Place the almonds and pecans into a high-speed blender or processor
3. Add the rest of the crust ingredients into the blender and blend until well combined.
4. Press the blended ingredients firmly into the cake tin to create the crust
5. Place all the filling ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add a bit more liquid if necessary. We’re aiming for a super smooth consistency, whilst keeping it as thick as possible
6. Taste and add some extra sweetness if desired
7. Pour the filling mix on top of the crust and smooth out the service with a spoon
8. Freeze for 2 hours or until solid
9. Let the cake thaw for 30 minutes before serving
Top with LOADS of fresh berries, the more the merrier.
Don’t forget to tag @hooraymag & @vanelja in your strawberry dream cake creation snaps on social!
Recipe: VANELJA by Virpi Mikkonen