Because being naked is only natural.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
200 grams unsalted butter | 300 grams white chocolate | 1 cup of full cream milk | 165 grams caster sugar | 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract | 2 large eggs, lightly beaten | 2/3 cup of self raising flour, sifted | 1 cup plain flour, sifted
250 grams unsalted butter | 1 tablespoon vanilla extract | 500 grams icing sugar
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius (not fan forced). Grease an 8” round cake tin and line the bottom and sides of the tin with baking paper.
- Place butter, white chocolate, milk, sugar and vanilla extract into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until all ingredients are combined and smooth, ensure butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Combine eggs, self raising flour and plain flour into a mixing bowl and mis until combined with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix however ensure no lumps.
- Lightly whisk the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture.
- Place mixture into cake tin and bake for 90 – 120 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- Beat butter on medium speed of an electric mixer until white and fluffy (approx 7 mins). Add vanilla extract and beat for a further minute.
- Add icing sugar to the mixture a cup at a time and beat for 2 – 3 minutes after each addition.
Cut the cake in half horizontally and spread half of the buttercream in between the two layers. Spread the remaining buttercream on the top of the cake and garnish with fresh fruits, berries or flowers. Note: for extra layers, bake extra 8” cake accordingly.
Recipe All Things Sweet by Carissa