Chocolate and chilli is possibly one of the best flavour combinations known to man.
Serve these super easy Dark Chilli Choc Cake Pops to all the big kids at the party and they’re sure to be a hit!
For more decadent chocolate recipes, pick up a copy of HOORAY! Issue 6 from our online shop now.
45 mins + chilling time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 store-bought chocolate cake (we used Chocolate Madeira cake, 315g) | 3 cups dark chilli chocolate (or dark chocolate, melted, sprinkled with 1 tsp ground chilli, or to taste) | Lollipop sticks
WHAT TO DO
- Gently remove the icing from the top of the cake and reserve for later. If you use another type of cake, you can substitute any ganache, homemade or store-bought
- Crumble the cake into a medium-sized mixing bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Slowly add small amounts of icing or ganache to the cake crumbs until it has the consistency of play doh
- Place in fridge for 15 mins to chill
- Meanwhile, line a tray with baking paper
- Remove from fridge and roll into teaspoon-sized balls and set aside on prepared tray
- Melt a small amount of the dark chocolate in the microwave, on half power, in short bursts
- Dip the tips of the lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate before sticking half way into the balls. This will keep the sticks in place inside the balls
- Put the pops into a styrofoam block and into the freezer for 15 mins to firm
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl or cup deep enough for dipping the entire pop into the melted chocolate
- Dip each pop into chocolate, tapping excess off gently
- Gently place back into tray and chill until firm
Devour. Makes 12 pops.
For extra zing, after dipping the pops in melted chocolate, sprinkle chilli flakes on top prior to the final setting, or alternatively, roll the pops in cocoa powder and chilli instead of dipping them in melted chocolate.
Photography Hannah Blackmore | Styling Olivia Blackmore | Recipe Sarah-Jane Hallett