Perfect for the busy Mum, these Ice Cream Sandwiches, as seen in Issue 7 of HOORAY!, are so easy to make.
All you need is a few store-bought ingredients and you’re on your way to party perfection!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1.5 litres good-quality vanilla ice cream, softened | 180g chopped gummy bears | 1 pack Coles choc chip biscuits (12 biscuits)
WHAT TO DO
- Grease and line a standard slice pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ice cream and gummy bears until combined.
- Spoon mixture into slice pan and smooth the top.
- Freeze for two to three hours until firm.
- Remove from freezer, and cut six rounds of ice cream with 8cm cookie cutters.
- Sandwich each round between two cookies.
- Place back into freezer on a tray for an hour or until firm.
Devour. Makes six sandwiches.
When ready to eat, we recommend letting the ice cream sandwiches soften slightly, as the gummy bears will be quite firm if eaten straight from the freezer.
Photography Hannah Blackmore | Styling Olivia Blackmore | Recipe Sarah-Jane Hallett