Here’s a delicious glazed ham recipe, thanks to the peeps at Graze Wedding Catering. It’s the perfect centrepiece for your Christmas feast!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 x 5-6kg bone in half leg ham | 2 oranges, thinly sliced | whole cloves for decoration Glaze: 1 cup (250ml) maple syrup | 2 tablespoons of brown sugar | ½ teaspoon ground white pepper | 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder | 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard | ¼ cup water
WHAT TO DO
- Place all graze ingredients into saucepan and bring to boil over high heat, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Gently run your fingers along the outer edge of the skin on the top of the leg of ham. You will find that you can gently peel away the skin leaving a lovely layer of fat. Cut around the hock and leave the skin intact the last 4-5 inches.
- Gently score the top of the fat in a diamond pattern.
- Brush ham with glaze, making sure to get it into all of the cuts.
- Let it cool a little, which will make the glaze go a bit sticky
- Then place the slices of orange all over the top of the fat and secure in place with the cloves (stud them through the orange slice in to the meat to hold it in place).
- Sit on a large roasting tray that has been lined with foil and baking paper
- Brush a little more of the glaze over and pop the ham into the oven
- Brush ham with glaze every 15 minutes or so until the ham has turned golden brown and is all warm, yummy & caramelised (about 45 minutes).
- If any of it starts to get a little to dark, cover with foil to protect from heat.
Remove from oven and place in the middle of your Christmas feast. Enjoy!
Recipe Graze Wedding Catering