The fine cocktail connoisseurs at Trolley’d have put together this epic Christmas cocktail. Whip it up before or after your Christmas feast tomorrow for a jolly good time!
5 mins + steeping time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
45ml tasty gin | 45ml syrup | 20ml fresh lemon juice Syrup: 400g Strawberries | 100g-200g Blue Flax Lily | 300g raw sugar | 15g tea (earl grey works really well!)
WHAT TO DO
- For the syrup, combine the strawberries & flax lily berries (if you can’t get hold of any just go with the strawberries) with the raw sugar, cover and place in the fridge over night.
- Brew 600ml of strong earl grey tea, allow to steep for an hour or so.
- The strawberry sugar should become a liquid, strain the tea and add to sugar mix.
- Sieve out the berries, bottle liquid in sterile container.
- Dry out strawberries in oven on low heat to be used as garnish.
- When you’re ready to make the cocktail, shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and strain into chilled coupette glass.
Mist with orange blossom water (if you can) and enjoy!
Recipe + Photography Trolley’d