Everyone needs a helping hand with New Year’s resolutions. Full of cleansing whole foods, this is a colourful, tasty treat with no guilt attached.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
¼ cup black chia seeds | ½ cup dried blueberries | ½ cup dehydrated raspberries | 1 cup dried flaked coconut | 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped | ½ cup pumpkin seeds | ¼ cup sesame seeds | 2 cups rolled oats (don’t use quick oats) | ¼ cup honey
WHAT TO DO
- Combine chia seeds, blueberries and raspberries in a large bowl.
- Set a large pan to medium high heat. Add coconut flakes, almonds and pumpkin seeds and toast until golden. Stir occasionally and be careful not to burn. Remove from pan and add to the bowl of berries and chia seeds.
- Toast the sesame seeds until golden brown. Stir occasionally and be careful not to burn. Remove from pan and add to the bowl.
- Lastly, toast the oats until pale brown. Stir occasionally and be careful not to burn. Remove oats and place in a separate bowl.
- While the oats are still warm, cover with honey and stir to combine. Press honeyed oats onto a flat tray and leave to cool completely.
- Break up the honey oat clusters and add to the granola mix. Mix well.
You’re ready to take on the year with this delicious and nutritious treat!
Recipes + Food Styling Hayley McKee of Sticky Fingers Bakery | Photography Mia Mala McDonald