Candy canes are celebrated in this deep dish of minty richness. Serve as a frozen dessert or at room temperature with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
For more sweet recipes and tips on prepping bundles of edible love, see ‘To You, With Love’ in Issue 8 of HOORAY!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the base: 240g unsalted butter, melted | 500g plain chocolate biscuits | 3 tsp dried mint | 1 tsp salt | 160g baking cocoa For the filling: 680g cream cheese | 180g caster sugar | 80g sour cream | 4 eggs | 4 tbsp plain flour | 2 tsp peppermint essence | 1 tsp vanilla essence | Natural green food dye
WHAT TO DO
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Place chocolate biscuits in a food processor to make an extra fine crumb. Add mint, salt and cocoa. Mix.
- Add melted butter slowly until a muddy dough forms. You should be able to form solid clumps without it crumbling.
- Press biscuit mixture evenly into a lined slice tray. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, followed by flour and essences. Add green food dye gradually until you achieve a mint tone.
- Remove chocolate base from fridge and take off plastic wrap. Pour cheesecake filling evenly into the slice tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set and lightly brown around the edges.
Package these beauties in some pretty wrapping because they make one deliciously sentimental gift. But if you want to keep them for yourself you totally can, we promise not to judge you.