This pre-made cookie dough not only makes filling the dessert buffet quick and easy, it also makes for the perfect present (hint: Valentine’s Day is fast-approaching).
Gift it frozen or refrigerated, and don’t forget to include baking instructions.
The finished cookie is deliciously chewy and light.
For more sweet recipes and tips on prepping bundles of edible love, see ‘To You, With Love’ in Issue 8 of HOORAY!
10 mins + 30 mins cooking time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
250g unsalted butter | 100g raw sugar | 200g brown sugar | 2 eggs | 1 tsp vanilla essence | 200g almond meal | 200g plain flour | ½ tsp salt | ½ tsp baking powder | ½ tsp ginger, ground | ½ tsp allspice, ground | 50g candied ginger, finely chopped | 170g walnuts, roughly chopped | 100g dried Turkish apricots, finely chopped
WHAT TO DO
- Cream butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence. Combine well.
- Slowly add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead very gently. Form into small balls and roll in extra almond meal. Place a dried apricot sliver on top.
- Store in an airtight container until you’re ready to gift. They can be stored in the fridge for one week, or kept in the freezer for up to three weeks.
When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before removing.