Indulge in some seafood decadence this summer with our mouth-watering, simple and elegant recipes that make the most of sweet, delicate seafood flavours. And really, what could be more Australian than that? On today’s menu – Bloody Mary Oyster Shots For more delicious seafood recipes, pick up a copy of Issue 8!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 lemon | Celery salt and freshly milled pepper | 250ml chilled tomato juice | 75ml chilled vodka | 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce | 3-4 drops Tabasco sauce | ½ tbsp horseradish | 1 doz Pacific oysters | 1 celery stick, sliced into small sticks
WHAT TO DO
- Cut the lemon up for garnish to sit on the side of the glass.
- Sprinkle enough celery salt and pepper on a flat plate for the shot glass rims to be covered.
- For each shot glass, run a lemon piece around the entire rim, then dip into the salt and pepper.
- Reserve lemon pieces and set aside.
- Next, combine the tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire, Tabasco and horseradish in a jug.
- Stir to mix through the flavours.
Drop an oyster into each shot glass, pour in the mixture and garnish with the lemon pieces and celery sticks.