The perfect way to warm up your guests on a cool winter’s night. For more decadent chocolate recipes, see ‘For the Love of Chocolate’ in HOORAY! Issue 6.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2 cups milk | 100g good quality chocolate, roughly chopped | 1 star anise | 1 cinnamon quill | 2 tsp agave syrup | 1 tsp brown sugar Add to each finished mug: 30ml Bacardi Oakheart | Freshly grated nutmeg
WHAT TO DO
- Gently heat the milk in a medium saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except the bitters and rum.
- Once the chocolate has melted, whisk it all together.
- When the mix is hot, not boiling, pour evenly between two pre-warmed cups.
- Add the rum and bitters on the top to finish.
Garnish with finely grated fresh nutmeg.
Photography Hannah Blackmore | Styling Olivia Blackmore | Recipe Sarah-Jane Hallett