Father’s Day is just around the corner here in Australia, and what better way to treat Dad than to cook up this blokey breakfast feast? After all, it is the most important meal of the day. We came across this super simple recipe by Real Food by Dad – we bet it’ll go down a treat with your old man!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 cup of shredded chicken | 4 eggs | 1 cup chunky salsa | 4 ramekins | Butter to grease | 1 tbsp cream (optional)
WHAT TO DO
- Heat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Lightly butter inside of ramekins.
- Evenly divide the shredded chicken between the four ramekin. Evenly divide 3/4 cup of salsa between the ramekins.
- Gently crack an egg in each ramekin (optional: add 1 tablespoon heavy cream over the egg to prevent the possibility of the egg drying out).
- Place ramekin in a baking dish. Pour tap hot water into the baking dish until it reaches half way up the ramekins.
- Bake until the egg whites and yolk is just set, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon remaining salsa on top.
Serve them while they’re nice and hot. Don’t forget to give Dad a big cuddle for us!
Recipe + Photography Real Food by Dad