These cute doughnut soap party favours look good enough to eat! We’re totally digging this DIY doughnut soap party favour idea from Bespoke Bride. It’s quick and easy to pull together and it’s something kids will love to take home from a party—minus the sugar! Have a go at making these yourself and pop them in a take-home party bag next time you throw a kid’s birthday party!
1 hour + setting time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
700g glycerine Melt & Pour soap | Brown soap colouring | Pink soap colouring | Strawberry fragrance soap oil | Sprinkles | Doughnut Moulds | (makes 6 doughnuts)
WHAT TO DO
- Cut up 440g of your soap into small cubes then microwave it in 10 second blasts until it’s melted.
- Now you can add in your scents! We used 4ml of strawberry fragrance for ours but you can add as much or as little as you like depending on how strong you want them to smell!
- Next add in your brown colouring to the mixture, do this bit by bit until you’re happy with the base colour of your doughnuts!
- Pour the mixture into your moulds then pop them in the fridge for 10 minutes. You’ll also need to make sure there’s a little bit of this mixture left over before we’re going to use it to stick the two doughnut sides together.
- Once they’re set, take them out of the fridge and pop them out of their moulds.
- With your left over mixture, start to spoon it on each inside section of the doughnuts and glue two sides together. Repeat until all of your doughnuts are whole then put them aside for a few minutes to set.
- Next we’re going to make our pink frosting! So take your remaining soap and repeat steps 1, 2 + 3 but add your pink colouring instead.
- Now the fun part! Take your doughnut soaps and dunk them into the pink mixture! Allow to dry, then give them a double dunk if you want more of an intense colour! Immediately add your sprinkles on the second dunk so the soap sets with them stuck on. Just a little tip…Make sure to stir the mixture in-between each dunk to stop a film from forming on the top of your doughnut.
Throw these cuties in a goodie bag at your next kid’s party—not only do they look great, but they’re a hole lot of fun to make (we’re so punny!)
Recipe + Photography by Bespoke Bride.