Perfect for the busy party Mum and Dad, this Cake Batter Pancake Stack, as seen in Issue 7 of HOORAY!, is so easy to make.
All you need is a few store-bought ingredients and you’re on your way to party perfection!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 cup flour | 2 tsp baking powder | 2 cups dry cake mix (we used Greens Golden Butter Cake mix) | ¼ cup caster sugar | 1½ cups milk | 2 eggs | 3 tbsp sprinkles, plus extra for garnish | Caramel sauce and cream or ice cream to serve
WHAT DO TO
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add milk, eggs and sprinkles. It will be a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan to medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour in desired size of pancake (we used a 1/3 cup measure) and cook until bubbles form on top and sides are firm.
- Flip and continue to cook until cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Stack pancakes on a serving platter.
Top with extra sprinkles, a drizzle of caramel sauce and cream or ice cream. Makes eight to 10 pancakes, depending on desired size of pancakes.
These can take longer to cook than regular pancakes as they are much more dense. Take care to keep the heat at a medium setting to ensure they cook through without burning.
Photography Hannah Blackmore | Styling Olivia Blackmore | Recipe Sarah-Jane Hallett