Craft > DIY > Inspo + Tips
Glitter-Dipped Mason Jars
Monday, November 23rd, 2015 | By Emily Coates
Add some sparkle to your next event with these super cute glitter-dipped jars by Alyssa of Random Acts of Pastel. Take it away Alyssa!
‘Throughout the holidays and beyond I firmly believe in the motto ‘put some glitter on it.’ Everything’s better with a bit of sparkle, from hairstyles to place settings to home decor, and I’m always looking for new ways to bedazzle and bejewel. My most recent creation? Glitter Dipped Mason Jars!’
‘I originally dreamed up these beauties to use as vases for a ‘You’re a Gem’ themed event I styled with Birchbox a few months back, and the response was so great that I figured I’d share my method with the masses so everyone can make their masons glittery and magical. Incredibly simple and oh-so-pretty, this DIY is perfect for adding a bit of festive feeling to vases, trinket jars, or whatever other glass object your heart desires. The best part? When paired with fresh blooms these make the perfect holiday hostess gifts!’
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Mason Jars | PVA glue | Glitter | Paint brush | Glitter dish big enough to fit the bottom of the jar | Glue dish (same size)
WHAT TO DO
- Mix up some glitter in a dish—we used all different sizes and shapes of silver.
- Mix your PVA glue in another dish and add a tiny bit of water to thin it out.
- Paint a fairly thick even layer onto the bottom edges of the jars (avoid the very bottom where it sits on tables).
- Roll the bottom of the jar around in the glitter until evening distributed. (TIP: the larger the glue ‘peaks’ the better it will pick up larger sized glitter).
- Sit and allow to dry completely.
Fill your jars with flowers, fresh-baked sugar cookies, and so on!