This recipe combines three of our fave ingredients: Nutella, hazelnut and chocolate (OMG!). The wonderfully talented Jess of the Sweetest Menu has shared this delightful recipe with us. Be warned, you might need to make two batches of these babies—one for you and one for your guests!
30 minutes + setting
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate | 120 ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream | 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella | 120 grams (1 cup) skinless roasted hazelnuts (makes 16 truffles)
WHAT TO DO
1. Finely chop the dark chocolate and place in a small bowl.
2. Next, pour the cream into a small saucepan and place on a low heat.
3. Once the cream becomes warm to the touch, pour it over the dark chocolate and leave for two minutes.
4. Then slowly whisk the chocolate mixture until it forms a lovely chocolate ganache.
5. Add half of the Nutella and continue to whisk, then add the remaining Nutella and whisk until combined and smooth.
6. Pour the chocolate into a deep bowl and pop into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
7. Crush your hazelnuts until they resemble fine crumbs.
8. Then spoon out teaspoons of the chocolate truffle mixture, roll them in your hands until smooth and roll them in the crushed hazelnuts. Store truffles in the fridge.
Serve up a batch of these little balls of heaven at a work Christmas party, family Christmas lunch or festive celebration!