This recipe, thanks to Sweetest Menu, is so incredibly easy and is hands-down delicious. It’s basically just a messy mixture of chocolate cream and Oreos with a whole heap of sprinkles thrown in for good measure. The Oreos soften and develop a tender cake-like texture, creating a heavenly dessert.
30 minutes + refrigerating time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
720ml (3 cups) thickened or heavy cream | 3 tbsp cocoa powder | 2 tbsp icing or powdered sugar | 240ml (1 cup) milk | 40 Oreos + extra for decorating | 3 tbsp coloured sprinkles
WHAT TO DO
- Grab your baking dish and set aside. I used a 25cm by 18cm (10 inch by 7 inch) rectangle dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream and beat with an electric mixer (or by hand with a whisk) until soft peaks form. Remove one cup of cream and set aside.
- Sift cocoa powder and icing sugar into remaining cream and gently fold through until you have a lovely chocolate cream.
- Pour milk into a bowl. Dip Oreos into milk, one at a time, and place them in the baking dish so they form one layer. You can break up a couple of extra Oreos to fill in any large gaps.
- Spoon over a generous layer of chocolate cream (around half of the mixture) until all the Oreos are covered – go right to the edges.
- Sprinkle over one tablespoon of sprinkles, then repeat with another layer of Oreos, dipping them in milk, and then layering them on top of the chocolate cream. Add the remaining chocolate cream and then add another tablespoon of sprinkles.
- Next, spoon over your final layer of cream, using the plain whipped cream you set aside earlier. Crush a few extra Oreos and sprinkle them over the top, along the remaining sprinkles.
Cover with plastic wrap and then refrigerate for at least six hours but I recommend leaving it overnight if you can. This will ensure the Oreos are nice and soft!
Recipe + Photography Jessica Holmes, Sweetest Menu