This cake is so bloomin’ beautiful! When we came across this recipe, courtesy of the wonderfully talented Aimee of Twigg Studios in the UK, we couldn’t help but share! Using vibrant edible florals, this otherwise simple cake is transformed into a whole new level of spectacular thanks to some flowery friends. Serve this fabulously floral cake at your next soiree to wow your guests and make for a seriously Instagram-able feature!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
4 eggs | 150g caster sugar | 150g self raising flour | Cornflowers | 60ml double cream | 5 tbsp icing sugar | Small edible flowers (organic unsprayed) | Jam (we used blueberry) | 2 11cm cake tins
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius
- Line two 11cm tins
- Whip the eggs and sugar together until pale and thick (approx 5 minutes)
- Fold in the flour gently and then fold in the petals from cornflowers.
- Pour into the tins and bake for 30 minutes
- Let the cake cool
- To make the frosting, whip the cream and icing sugar until thick.
- Spoon jam onto one of the layers, then pipe on cream and use a pallet knife to spread it over the cake.
Press the edible flowers into the frosting, then serve this fabulously floral delight at your next event!
Recipe + Photography by Aimee of Twigg Studios