Perfect for the busy parent, this Pretty in Pink Crackle Cake, as seen in Issue 7 of HOORAY!, is so easy to make.
All you need is a few store-bought ingredients and you’re on your way to party perfection!
30 mins + cooling time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
7 cups Rice Bubbles | 1 cup desiccated coconut | 100g unsalted butter | 6 cups marshmallows, plus extra for decorating | Pink food colouring
WHAT TO DO
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice bubbles and coconut.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows on a low heat, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Add desired drops of food colouring – we used three to four drops.
- Pour melted mix into the rice bubbles and stir until completely combined.
- Using slightly wet hands, press gently into prepared cake tin and flatten the top.
- Put into fridge for one hour or until set.
- Remove from tin and invert onto serving plate.
Decorate as desired.
Use double the recipe to achieve a three/four-tiered cake. We used a 20cm, 10cm and 5cm cake tins. Any extra mix left over, press into a lined rectangular cake pan to slice later for a yummy snack!